- Level A, research-only academic
- $64,450 to $87,471 pa + 9.5% superannuation
- Full-time, starting late 2017
- Two-year, fixed-term
- Monash University Clayton campus
The Centre for Geometric Biology is currently seeking to recruit an experienced zooplankton biologist.
You will further be expected to maintain consistently high research output in the form of quality publications, supervision of students, development and submission of grant proposals to external funding agencies, contribute more generally to communicating the research activities of the group, and participation in appropriate career development activities.
Key selection criteria
- A PhD on zooplankton or a relevant area, from a recognised university with subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Demonstrated experience in developing theoretical models in fundamental ecology or empirical research using cutting-edge quantitative approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake outstanding research; with a high quality research publication record in recognised journals.
- Ability to solve problems by using discretion, innovation and the exercise of high level diagnostic skills within areas of functional responsibility or professional expertise.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively analyse information and produce clear, succinct reports and documents which requires interaction with others.
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and in a multidisciplinary team to make a contribution to research and scholarship.
- Experience of, or willingness to work on, marine systems.
- A demonstrated understanding of questions in fundamental ecology and/or evolution.
Enquiries to Professor Dustin Marshall on +61 3 9902 4449