Update: this position has now been filled.
- Level A, research-only academic
- $66,706 to $90,532 pa + 9.5% superannuation
- Full-time, starting late 2018
- Two-year, fixed-term
- Monash University Clayton campus
The Centre for Geometric Biology is currently seeking to recruit an experienced ecologist who specialises in life history theory. This position will be with Professor Dustin Marshall and based within the School of Biological Sciences at Clayton Campus.
As the successful candidate, you will be expected to use existing datasets to investigate evolutionary patterns both within and across species, but more importantly demonstrate a strong conceptual understanding of relevant life history theory and have a demonstrated track record in producing high quality publications.
Key selection criteria
- The appointee will have a doctoral qualification in life history theory or evolutionary ecology
- Demonstrated analytical and manuscript preparation skills; including an excellent track record of refereed research publications in high impact journals
- Demonstrated experience in asking questions about life history theory using cutting-edge quantitative approaches
- Ability to solve complex problems by using discretion, innovation and the exercise of diagnostic skills and/or expertise
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and set and meet deadlines
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills with proven ability to produce clear, succinct reports and documents
- A demonstrated awareness of the principles of confidentiality, privacy and information handling
- A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
- Demonstrated computer literacy and proficiency in the production of high level work using software such as Microsoft Office applications and specified University software programs, with the capability and willingness to learn new packages as appropriate
Enquiries to Professor Dustin Marshall on +61 3 9902 4449